Summer Concert Series
Our 25th annual summer of music!
Join us for musical Mondays in July & August 2023!
Join the Pathfinder Village community as it celebrates its 25th annual Summer Concert Series at the Pathfinder Pavilion. A mainstay of the area's summer arts scene, these concerts feature free, live performances each Monday evening in July and August, starting on July 10 at 5:30 p.m.
“Live concerts at Pathfinder are a cause for celebration,” said Paul Landers, Pathfinder Village’s president and chief executive officer. “Our annual concert series has been a tremendous outreach event through the years and has featured many memorable performances. We appreciate the great support we’ve received from the New York State Council on the Arts, regional arts organizations, donors, musicians, and our communities.”
Pathfinder Village is a non-profit, planned community devoted to supporting people who have Down syndrome and other intellectual/developmental disabilities. Through quality residential, educational, vocational, and enrichment programs, individuals grow toward fulfillment and independence while giving back to our local communities. Pathfinder also offers many avenues for community inclusion through events, adult day services, the Bakery & Café, and Pathfinder Produce, the weekly fresh produce market that serves the public on Thursday afternoons.
The Summer Concert Series is made possible with public funds from the Statewide Community Regrants Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature; regionally the program is administered by The Earlville Opera House. Additional support is provided by private donors, Stewart’s Shops Holiday Match Program, and WGY’s Christmas Wish.
Concertgoers are asked to bring lawn chairs and follow prevailing public health protocols while visiting the campus. Parking is available on-site. To find out more, please call (607) 965-8377, ext. 101, Monday through Friday, noon to 4 p.m., or visit the Pathfinder Village Facebook page.
In 2023, Pathfinder Village’s Summer Concerts will be on Mondays at 5:30 pm and include:
- Mon., July 9, 5:30 pm Crushing Midnight Duo: Less is more as the Crushing Midnight Duo -- vocalist Leslie Borden and guitarist Dave Harris -- play their own "unplugged" and bluesy tinted versions of '80s and '90s rock, pop, and country hits and other timeless classics.
- Mon., July 16, 2 pm The Real-Time Dixieland Band: Mark Sands and The Realtime Dixieland Band have been pleasing CNY audiences since 2017. The group includes some of the area’s finest concert musicians and has fun with New Orleans-style jazz. Their repertoire includes songs by history's most renowned jazz artists including Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, Billie Holiday, and Fats Waller. They also include contemporary music by Jimmy Buffet, John Denver, and more.
- Mon., July 24, 5:30 pm Summer Performance! The Magic of Chris Wheel: School psychologist Chris Wheel has been entertaining audiences for 15+ years with his artistry, combining sleight-of-hand, parlor tricks, and his own engaging brand of comedy. A frequent performer at the Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital, Chris promises to amaze you, wanting more, and leave you laughing.
- Mon., July 31, 5:30 pm Ten Gallon Matt: Stetsons and six-strings are back in fashion as Ten Gallon Matt shares his repertoire of classic and outlaw country favorites. Ten Gallon Matt authentically pays homage to Willie, Waylon, and Hank, and showcases crowd-pleasing hits by Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, and other country superstars.
- Mon., Aug. 7, 5:30 pm Grit N Grace Duo: Grit N Grace has been entertaining regional audiences with their unique blend of high-energy country, rock, and dance music. Enjoy their duo's eclectic covers of hits from Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline, to ZZ Top and The Doors!
Mon., Aug. 14, 5:30 pm Midland Park: Midland Park is a new quintet that showcases its members' versatility on horns and other instruments while revisiting favorites from the
'60s onward. You won't want to miss their renditions of hits by The Beatles, Neil Diamond, Chicago, The Eagles, and others.
- Mon., Aug. 21, 5:30 p.m. The Small Town Big Band: This 14-piece swing music band is comprised of people from all walks of life who enjoy making music together. The ensemble features brass, reeds, rhythm, and vocals, and performs hits from the 1930s
to the present in the Big Band style.
- Mon., Aug. 28, 5:30 p.m. Josh Breen: Josh Breen is a country solo performer who brings artistry and soulfulness to classic standards and modern favorites. You'll enjoy his great interpretations, all presented on a six-string guitar.
Pathfinder Village is a non-profit, planned community devoted to supporting people who have Down syndrome and other intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through quality residential, educational, vocational, and enrichment programs, individuals grow toward fulfillment and independence while giving back to our local communities. Pathfinder also offers many avenues for community inclusion through concerts, events, adult day service offerings, the Bakery & Café, youth soccer games, and Pathfinder Produce, the weekly fresh produce market that serves the public on Thursday afternoons.