Summer Concert Series
Our 25th annual summer of music!
Join us for musical Mondays in July & August 2023!
Light suppers offered to enhance free live performances
Edmeston, New York, June 13, 2023 … Join the Pathfinder Village community as it celebrates its silver anniversary Summer Concert Series. A mainstay of the area’s summer arts scene, Pathfinder’s concerts feature free, live performances on Monday evenings in July and August, starting on July 10.
“Our 25th annual Summer Concert Series is at a new day and time, which includes many new artists playing different types of music,” said event planner Monica Clark, the Village’s Manager of Fund Development & People Engagement. “This year we’re excited to offer affordable food concessions so that families and music lovers can enjoy a light supper while they relax during the live shows at our Pavilion.”
“We love the energy and the feeling of community that happens each summer during our Pathfinder concerts,” added Mrs. Clark. “We appreciate the tremendous support we’ve enjoyed for 25 years from the New York State Council on the Arts, other donors, regional arts organizations, our artists, and community members.”
Pathfinder Village is a non-profit, livable community and service provider for people with Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities. The Village engages the public through its micro-business, Pathfinder Bakery and Pathfinder Produce, and community events to support inclusion and equity for people with intellectual disabilities.
The concert concessions will be organized by volunteers from the residents’ advocacy and advisory group, Council Rock. Along with drinks and snacks, the Council Rock members will sell ice cream treats from Gilligan’s of Sherburne and a light supper menu; details are at Pathfinder’s Facebook events page. Food sale proceeds will benefit Council Rock activities.
The musical performances of the Summer Concert Series are made possible with public funds from the Statewide Community Regrants Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the Office of the Governor and the New York State Legislature, and administered by The Earlville Opera House. Additional support is provided by private donors, Stewart’s Shops Holiday Match Program, and WGY’s Christmas Wish.
To find out more, please call (607) 965-8377, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or visit pathfindervillage.org.
In 2023, Pathfinder Village’s Summer Concerts will be on Mondays evenings and include:
- July 10, 5:30 pm Crushing Midnight Duo (New!): Less is more as the Crushing Midnight Duo -- vocalist Leslie Borden and guitarist Dave Harris -- play their own "unplugged" and bluesy tinted versions of '80s and '90s rock, pop, and country hits and other timeless classics.
- July 17, 5:30 pm The Real-Time Dixieland Band: Mark Sands and The Realtime Dixieland Band have been pleasing CNY audiences since 2017. The group includes some of the area’s finest concert musicians and has fun with New Orleans-style jazz. Their repertoire includes songs by history's most renowned jazz artists including Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, Billie Holiday, and Fats Waller. They also include contemporary music by Jimmy Buffet, John Denver, and more.
- July 24, 5:30 pm SPECIAL SUMMER PERFORMANCE (New!) The Magic of Chris Wheel: School psychologist Chris Wheel has been entertaining audiences for 15+ years with his artistry, combining sleight-of-hand, parlor tricks, and his own engaging brand of comedy. A frequent performer at the Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital, Chris promises to amaze you, wanting more, and leave you laughing. (This performance is funded outside of the SCR/state arts council grant).
- July 31, 5:30 pm Ten Gallon Matt (New!): Stetsons and six-strings are back in fashion as Ten Gallon Matt shares his repertoire of classic and outlaw country favorites. Ten Gallon Matt authentically pays homage to Willie, Waylon, and Hank, and showcases crowd-pleasing hits by Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, and other country superstars.
- Aug. 7, 5:30 pm Grit N Grace Duo (New!): Grit N Grace has been entertaining regional audiences with their unique blend of high-energy country, rock, and dance music. Enjoy their duo's eclectic covers of hits from Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline, to ZZ Top and The Doors!
- Aug. 14, 5:30 pm Midland Park (New!): Midland Park is a new quintet that showcases its members' versatility on horns and other instruments while revisiting favorites from the'60s onward. You won't want to miss their renditions of hits by The Beatles, Neil Diamond, Chicago, The Eagles, and others.
- Aug. 21, 6 p.m. The Small Town Big Band: This 14-piece swing music band is comprised of people from all walks of life who enjoy making music together. The ensemble features brass, reeds, rhythm, and vocals, and performs hits from the 1930s to the present in the Big Band style.
- Aug. 28, 5:30 p.m. Josh Breen: Country singer and guitarist Josh Breen returns to the Pavilion to share his soulful renditions of classic standards and modern favorites.
Pathfinder Village is a non-profit, planned community devoted to supporting people who have Down syndrome and other intellectual/developmental disabilities. Through quality residential, educational, vocational, and enrichment programs, individuals grow toward fulfillment and independence while giving back to our local communities. Pathfinder also offers many avenues for community inclusion through concerts, events, adult day service offerings, the Bakery & Café, youth soccer games, and Pathfinder Produce, the weekly fresh produce market that serves the public on Thursday afternoons.
The Pathfinder Pavilion will ring with live music again this July and August, as the Village celebrates its silver anniversary Summer Concert Series. This year’s free live performances will be held on Monday evenings, with food concessions available for guests.