Summer Concert Series
Returning for musical afternoons in July & August in 2022!
Enjoy the sounds of summer as Pathfinder Village hosts its annual Summer Concert Series. A mainstay of the local arts calendar, these concerts feature free, live music performances on Saturday afternoons in July and August, starting on July 9 at 2 p.m. (Check for event details that will be shared for each concert through the Events tab on the Pathfinder Village Facebook page).
“The sounds of live music at Pathfinder is a cause for celebration and will be enjoyed by everyone,” said Paul Landers, Pathfinder Village’s president and chief executive officer. “As we welcome back concert-goers in 2022, we are reminded of what a gift music is in all our lives and how communities are created through live performances and the arts."
The Summer Concert Series is made possible with public funds from the Statewide Community Regrants Program, a program of the New York State Council on the Arts, with the support of the Office of the Governor and the State Legislature and administered by The Earlville Opera House. Additional support is provided by private donors, Stewart’s Shops Holiday Match Program, and WGY’s Christmas Wish.
Concert-goers are asked to bring lawn chairs and follow any in-place Pathfinder protocols while visiting the Village (Pathfinder Village follows NYS DOH/CDC guidance for public health measures). Parking is available on-site. (Please note that in-person attendance requirements may change as public health guidelines are updated).
In 2022, Pathfinder Village’s Summer Concerts will start at 2 p.m. and include:
- July 9, 2 p.m. - New in 2022! The Wallpapers, Amy Serrago and Yves Gerard, are a versatile acoustic duo that delights audiences with their eclectic song selections, new takes on old classics and well-crafted original tunes. The duo started playing together to get back to their passion of creating original music while still covering the songs they love, and to connect with audiences on a more personal level. The Wallpapers’ honest approach and unparalleled musicianship bring an organic atmosphere of true joy to any room they play.
- July 16, 2 p.m. - The Real-Time Dixieland Band: Mark Sands and The Realtime Dixieland Band have been pleasing CNY audiences since 2017. The group is made up of some of the area’s finest concert musicians and has fun with New Orleans-style jazz that developed in the early 20th century. Their repertoire includes songs by some of the world’s most renowned jazz artists, including Louis Armstrong, Jelly Roll Morton, Billie Holiday, Fats Waller, and many more.
- July 23, 2 p.m. - Lazy II: An annual favorite, Lazy II returns to Pathfinder for a mid-summer performance. With the unique lead vocals of Tracie Coleman, the band plays a variety of country, classic rock, and party songs. The band has a great way of engaging audiences of all ages and musical tastes.
- July 30, 2 p.m. - Monkey and the Crowbar: Monkey and the Crowbar is an energetic group of dedicated musicians playing a foot stomping array of well-known and original tunes. They tastefully perform music from Bob Dylan, Neil Young, John Prine, Jimmy Buffett, The Grateful Dead and others with a drive that is just hard to sit still to.offers a great mix of bands and performers from the past: The Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Jimmy Buffet, and more.
- Aug. 6, 2 p.m. - New in 2022! Double Barrel has a loyal following in the Utica-Mohawk Valley area and plays a blend of classic rock and country for all occasions. “Less is more” as this talented duo plays a variety of old-time hits on the drums and guitar.
- Aug. 13, 2 p.m. - New in 2022! Panther Creek is an energetic band that plays a mix of Americana and Zydeco-style music. Two fiddles, bass, guitar, drums, and Louisiana accordion make for an authentic sound that will have your feet tapping and dancing.
All the Panther Creek professional musicians have side projects so when they get together it’s a special time -- Fun for all, and, yes, you can dance!
- Aug. 20, 2 p.m. - Dirt Road Express: A regional favorite, the Dirt Road Express is a classic country and early rock band that features vocalist Ellen Harrington, backed up by guitarist Mike Tooley and drummer Ken Whitney. You’ll enjoy their country renditions of songs made first made popular by Elvis, Patsy Cline, Hank Snow, and other beloved legends.
- Aug. 27, 2 p.m. - The Small Town Big Band: This 14-piece swing music band is comprised of people of all ages and from all walks of life who enjoy making music together. The ensemble features brass, reeds, rhythm, and vocals, and performs hits from the 1930s to the present in the Big Band style.
Pathfinder Village is a non-profit, planned community devoted to supporting people who have Down syndrome and other intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through quality residential, educational, vocational, and recreational programs, individuals grow toward fulfillment and independence while giving back to our local communities. Pathfinder also offers many avenues for community inclusion through concerts, events, adult day service offerings, the Bakery & Café, youth soccer games, and Pathfinder Produce, the weekly fresh produce market that has reopened to the public on Thursday afternoons.