Summer Concert Series
Dear Pathfinder Village Friends and Live Music Fans:
With ongoing concerns about the COVID-19 pandemic and state restrictions on large public gatherings, we will not host our live Summer Concert Series this July and August. We hope to offer lively, music-filled evenings again as soon as it is safely possible for us to do so.
With that said, we wish to recognize the musical groups that have been such a great part of our annual series for over 20 years. If you would like to sample some of their diverse offerings, please check the links below to explore the groups' social media posts.
Of course, we wish to thank our loyal supporters of our annual Summer Concert Series: The Chenango Arts Council, Stewarts' Holiday Match Program, and the WGY Christmas Wish Campaign, as well as private donors who appreciate our special summer nights filled with great music. (Past Summer Concert Series were funded with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, and administered by the Chenango County Council of the Arts, with support from Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature).
We hope to offer a more-extensive concert series next spring and will share those dates as soon as possible. Thank you for your ongoing support and interest in Pathfinder Village and the rich community life we share with our neighbors and those with developmental disabilities. We invite you to follow our social media accounts on Facebook and Instagram to stay current on the latest news from Pathfinder Village.
Until we meet again, enjoy music when you can and dance where you are!
Director of Enrichment Programs
Our "Pathfinder Pavilion Musical Partners":
- The Blues Maneuver never fails to please with its mighty horn section and versatile repertoire of swing, blues, R&B and oldies.
- One of the region’s best-loved old-time community bands, the Sidney Community Band, sets our toes tapping with its repertoire of popular music and show tunes.
- Hammered dulcimer virtuoso Dan Duggan and Peggy Lynn are traditional favorites with their tunes inspired by the New York’s North Country and other folk tunes.
- The Small Town Big Band always puts on a great show with classic jazz, swing, and Big Band favorites. The band features talented amateurs who play for the love of the Big Band sound.
- Monkey and the Crowbar offers a great mix from bands and performers from the past: The Grateful Dead, Neil Young, Jimmy Buffet and more.
- Stone Soup plays a variety of acoustic music from blues to bluegrass, folk to jazz. The band features Joe Sinchak, Pete Liljeberg, Nick Frirsz, and Suzanne & David Bladek in intricate harmonies.
- Dirt Road Express offers up great renditions of the best of today's country hits and yesterday's classics.
- The Real-Time Dixieland Band gets everyone dancing with their great renditions of
foot-stomping classics and popular tunes in the Dixieland style.
For more information about Pathfinder Village, please call (607) 965-8377, or visit the Village’s website at pathfindervillage.org. The Village also offers regular tours and hosts a variety of programs and events that are open to the public.