Pathfinder Village, a dynamic, open-access residential community for children and adults with Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities, is seeking to fill the following positions in accordance with Pathfinder’s mission “that each life may find meaning.”
All positions may be applied for using the online pre-employment form. Applicants should also send Letters of Inquiry and employment histories to [email protected]. If you choose to send supporting documents through the mail, please address them to Human Resources, Pathfinder Village, 3 Chenango Road, Edmeston, NY 13335. Pathfinder Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). See vacancies below.
**At Pathfinder Village MAKE ANY DAY PAYDAY with On-Demand Pay**
Direct Support Professionals - Days and Overnights
**$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR OVERNIGHT SHIFTS**
**Eligible for up to $3,000 from the NYS Healthcare Worker Bonus Program**
**New pay scales with higher starting wages**
$15 - 19 an hour
$3 overnight differential
**Retention bonus every 6 months for the first 3 years of employment**
Pathfinder Village presently has 12-hour shift openings for Direct Support Professionals. Primary responsibilities include providing direct care and residential guidance/supports for individuals living with intellectual and other disabilities within an open-access community setting. Additional duties involve advocating and supporting informed choices of individuals within the greater community. Strong record keeping skills, local travel, flexibility, and a commitment to ongoing job training are required.
3 - 4 day work week.
No prior work experience is required.
Under the direction of the Manager of Ancillary Service, this position is responsible for providing support in all areas of ancillary service (Central Kitchen, Bakery, Cooper Transport, Housekeeping). Daily tasks will be assigned as needed to cover immediate areas of need.
Schedule: M-F 7:00a - 3:30p
Qualifications: Valid NYS driver's license with one year of clean driving, High School Diploma or Equivalency
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will be responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and medical wellbeing of individuals who reside at Pathfinder Village. The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will meet their responsibilities in a manner which promotes best practice, proactive/preventative medicine, independence, inclusion, individuality, productivity, and self-advocacy for all program participants.
- Monitor the health status of residents, provide appropriate interventions, and ensure proper documentation.
- Provide emergency first aid to residents and staff as needed.
- Assist with accompanying residents to medical appointments.
- Plant and read tuberculin skin tests (PPDs) for staff as needed).
- Provide hands on care, including, but not limited to: catheter changes, catheter flushes, tube feedings, wound care, and ostomy care.
- Attend clinical meetings for residential homes as directed.
- Participate and assist with the development and teaching of non-licensed direct support staff.
- Provide remote on-call availability on a rotational basis, with RN support.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Health Services.
- Must be currently a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in NYS
- Current certification in CPR
- Valid NYS driver's license with no restrictions, with at least one year of clean driving
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Graduate from NYSED approved nursing education program
- Completion of NYS infection control coursework
- Successful completion of the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses (NCLEX-PN), or a NYSED approved license exam
- Preferred: Experience in the OPWDD field
Special Education Teacher
Special Education Teacher: to provide direct instructional, evaluative, and supervisory services to all students to ensure the quality of classroom programs at the Pathfinder School. Qualifications include Master’s Degree in Special Education, NYS certification as a Special Educator, and familiarity with current instructional and assessment practices.
- Evaluate students' communication disorders and make thoughtful recommendations
- Develop and implement individualized education program (IEP) goals
- Consult with staff and parents to support each student's communication needs
- Work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Assess the efficacy of augmentative communication systems in supporting meaningful interactions and encouraging independence
- NYS certification as a Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD) required.
- NYS licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist and ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) preferred.
Otsego Academy Direct Support Professional
Pathfinder Village is accepting applications for Direct Support Professional (DSP) in the Otsego Academy (OA) program. OA Direct Support Professional provide direct care and support our students in their dorm, with classes, learning about independent living skills, and vocational activities.
- Monday - Friday: 3p - 11p
- Thursday - Saturday, and every other Wednesday: 9a - 9p
Valid NYS driver's license required with one year of clean driving.
Starting: $15 an hour
Community Hab Worker
Pathfinder Village is seeking a Community Hab Specialist. A Community Hab Specialist’s focus is to ensure the safety, well-being, and satisfaction of each individual enrolled and assist with day to day tasks based on individuals’ needs when living on their own, often for the first time. This can include teaching basic hygiene skills and management, establishing schedules/routines, teaching cooking skills, providing transportation, assisting with shopping, and maintaining a clean living environment. In this setting the Community Hab Specialist also works with highly confidential information such as banking, medications, hospital records etc. Detailed documentation is required to capture services provided. A high school or equivalency diploma is required, and experience in the OPWDD field preferred.
Schedule: Tuesday - Friday: 3 - 9pm, Saturday: 8am - 8pm
This position requires a valid NYS Driver’s License.
Starting: $15 an hour
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pathfinder Village. All positions may be applied for using the online pre-employment form. Applicants should also send job histories and Letters of Inquiry to [email protected]. If you choose to send supporting documents through the mail, please address them to Human Resources, Pathfinder Village, 3 Chenango Road, Edmeston, NY 13335. Pathfinder Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).