Pathfinder Village, a dynamic, open-access residential community for children and adults with Down syndrome and other intellectual disabilities, is seeking to fill the following positions in accordance with Pathfinder’s mission “that each life may find meaning.”
All positions may be applied for using the online pre-employment form. Applicants should also send Letters of Inquiry and employment histories to [email protected]. If you choose to send supporting documents through the mail, please address them to Human Resources, Pathfinder Village, 3 Chenango Road, Edmeston, NY 13335. Pathfinder Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). See vacancies below.
**At Pathfinder Village MAKE ANY DAY PAYDAY with On-Demand Pay**
Vocational Support Professional (Pre-Voc)
Vocational Services Professional (VSP): This dynamic opportunity is ideal for someone who is passionate in helping individuals attain personal goals and achieve their dreams. Employment is one of life’s biggest milestones. The role of the Vocational Services Professional (VSP) is to deliver prevocational services to adults with I/DD who have expressed a desire to work and earn a paycheck. Vocational services not only provide individuals with opportunities to explore a variety of career paths and jobs, but also develop soft/hard skills that will prepare them for entering today’s modern workforce. Working under the direct supervision of the Vocational Services Program Manager, VSP’s will have opportunities to work in a variety of settings both on and off campus as well as network with our various community business partners.
Program Manager - Vocational Services
Pathfinder Village is seeking a qualified candidate to become our new Program Manager for the Vocational Services of our Adult Day Services department. We are looking for a job seeker who is passionate about farm to table food service models, agricultural education, and advocacy for people with disabilities. The Program Manager will support our Adult Day Services Pre-Vocational participants in learning about and preparing for entering the workforce for the first time, as well as run our weekly Pathfinder Produce Market and other food related community service programs. This position requires flexibility to attend occasional evening or weekend special events.
- Coordinate tours, screening, and enrollment activities for potential prevocational and employment training participants
- Coordinate and manage all Pathfinder Produce Market activities
- Supervise Adult Day Service prevocational staff and Pathfinder Produce Market employees, including providing training, completing payroll, and completing evaluations
- Maintain Pathfinder Village greenhouses (planting, cultivation, and other harvesting activities)
- Coordinate daily scheduling for Adult Day Services participants and activities
- Cultivate collaborative community partnerships.
- Facilitate on/off-campus Pop-Up Produce Events and Kitchen on the Go (mobile food cart) events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with people with developmental disabilities
Direct Support Professionals - Days and Overnights
**$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR OVERNIGHT SHIFTS**
**Eligible for up to $3,000 from the NYS Healthcare Worker Bonus Program**
**New pay scales with higher starting wages**
$15.50 - 19 an hour
$3 overnight differential
**Retention bonus every 6 months for the first 3 years of employment**
Pathfinder Village presently has 12-hour shift openings for Direct Support Professionals. Primary responsibilities include providing direct care and residential guidance/supports for individuals living with intellectual and other disabilities within an open-access community setting. Additional duties involve advocating and supporting informed choices of individuals within the greater community. Strong record keeping skills, local travel, flexibility, and a commitment to ongoing job training are required.
3 - 4 day work week.
No prior work experience is required.
- Evaluate students' communication disorders and make thoughtful recommendations
- Develop and implement individualized education program (IEP) goals
- Consult with staff and parents to support each student's communication needs
- Work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Assess the efficacy of augmentative communication systems in supporting meaningful interactions and encouraging independence
- NYS certification as a Teacher of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities (TSSLD) required.
- NYS licensure as a Speech-Language Pathologist and ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) preferred.
Community Hab Worker
Pathfinder Village is seeking a Community Hab Specialist. A Community Hab Specialist’s focus is to ensure the safety, well-being, and satisfaction of each individual enrolled and assist with day to day tasks based on individuals’ needs when living on their own, often for the first time. This can include teaching basic hygiene skills and management, establishing schedules/routines, teaching cooking skills, providing transportation, assisting with shopping, and maintaining a clean living environment. In this setting the Community Hab Specialist also works with highly confidential information such as banking, medications, hospital records etc. Detailed documentation is required to capture services provided. A high school or equivalency diploma is required, and experience in the OPWDD field preferred.
Schedule: Tuesday - Friday: 3 - 9pm, Saturday: 8am - 8pm
This position requires a valid NYS Driver’s License.
Starting: $15.50 an hour
Thank you for your interest in employment at Pathfinder Village. All positions may be applied for using the online pre-employment form. Applicants should also send job histories and Letters of Inquiry to [email protected]. If you choose to send supporting documents through the mail, please address them to Human Resources, Pathfinder Village, 3 Chenango Road, Edmeston, NY 13335. Pathfinder Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).