After weeks of refining plans for COVID-19, Pathfinder's senior leadership team is supporting our frontline staff and is rolling out modified services to best support residents, adult day service participants, and school students during this uncertain time. As a Village, we've adopted protocols to keep people physically distant and safe; Pathfinder is focused on continuing quality services for your loved ones, keeping individuals healthy, and making sure people are socially engaged.
Week 1-4 Protocols
- In New York State, all providers serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities are viewed as part of the essential workforce.
- To support and comply with Gov. Cuomo's NY-Pause orders, Pathfinder's on-campus office staff has been reduced by 75%. These staff members now work remotely through secure, HIPAA-compliant technology.
- Senior Leaders Dan Osborn, Kelly Meyers, Caprice Eckert, and Paul Landers report to the campus daily to ensure continuing operations. The administrative team meets daily for key updates.
- To reduce residential staffing, we have deployed a 2-shift model, 7 a.m.-7 p.m., and 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Staffing ratios per house remain the same.
- School and Day Services staff are being re-assigned to work in homes or at other temporary duties to retain our workforce. DSPs are providing remote services and daily engagement opportunities for non-residential students and day service recipients.
- Pathfinder School faculty and therapists are providing instructional and therapeutic services to students remotely.
- Pathfinder Village is following all pre-screening procedures and updates as advised by the CDC, NYS Dept. of Health, and local healthcare partners.
- All staff reporting to a any building must take their temperature before clocking in; any person with an elevated reading must notify the On-Call Manager and return home with further instructions.
- No outside visitors, delivery persons, or families are allowed onto campus. Any staff member who has been away for 4 days will be asked a series of questions to ascertain their risk of COVID-19 exposure.
- All staff members are required to wear protective masks in our residential homes and while outside on Pathfinder Village property; this step has been approved by our medical director, David Haswell, M.D. of Bassett Healthcare Network.
- The Enrichment staff is hosting specific activities at the gym and other Village venues; disinfecting will be done before and after each session. Other push-in activities will be offered in the homes on a rotating basis.