At Pathfinder Village, our adult day services are designed to help men and women with developmental disabilities discover their own path.
Our signature day programs are centered around the following principles:
- Person-Centered Planning: Individually tailored plans address each participant’s unique and comprehensive personal and social needs, aspirations, and dreams.
- Self advocacy: Each participant experiences true self-direction of services.
- Small group setting: Ensures individualized attention and flexibility.
- Active community engagement: Social growth through volunteer opportunities is strongly emphasized.
- Professionally trained direct support professionals: Caring DSPs serve a variety of functions including ISP coordination, community connections, and family linkage.
For over 30 years, we have cultivated relationships with true community-based partners, including colleges, universities, civic organizations, small businesses, and internationally known corporations. We offer a choice of a wide variety of exceptional volunteer experiences, with flexible but structured supports to engage every participant.
Recognizing that transportation is a major barrier to accessing the community for men and women residing in very rural areas, Pathfinder provides transportation from established pick-up/drop-off locations throughout the area.
Day service participants at Pathfinder Village create their own individually tailored program and schedule to meet their specific needs. Each of our programs:
- Provides meaningful life experiences that enhance a participant’s independence and encourage full participation in the community.
- Improves independent living skills through dynamic, community-based services.
- Enables contribution to the community through volunteering and participation in community organizations.
- Encourages participants to gain greater independence, improve communication skills, develop self-advocacy skills, make choices and direct actions.
We also offer prevocational services that encourage and enable personal contribution and social growth through community-based services by engaging participants in the development of employment-readiness skills.